Software Engineering Intern
:Different is a tech company founded and led by a group of former leads from Google, Uber,
ThoughtWorks and Sysco LABS, with the ultimate vision of doing for the home what Uber
did for the road: creating a digital assistant that will help you get anything you need for your
home at the tap of a button, performed by the best possible person, for the fairest price,
immediately! As the first step toward this goal, we’re currently building a tech – driven approach to property management, starting with the Australian market.
Each year we take on a very limited number of internship positions for gifted students who are in the process of completing their bachelor’s degree in software engineer related fields. As an intern, you will be working directly with our CTO, VP of Engineering and team lead, working on a special project and technical POCs.
- You are an undergraduate student completing a software engineer degree from a recognized university or institution.
- You should have a knack for programming and a hunger to learn
We will do the rest!
What can you expect from us?
- Above market-rate salaries pegged to the Australian dollar (we were one of the first companies in Sri Lanka to introduce dollar pegged salaries, sparking off a trend)
- A high-growth, financially stable company: over 100 team members in Sri Lanka and nearly 200 globally, backed by a multinational corporation (Commonwealth Bank of Australia)
- State of the art tech stack: NodeJS, ReactJS, AWS, GraphQL, MongoDB, Terraform
- Perhaps the best product engineering practice in Sri Lanka!
- Unparalleled learning and career growth opportunities: direct career guidance from managers, large amount of reference material, exposure to silicon valley best practices, training reimbursements etc.
- A casual, friendly, open and supportive culture
- Your company shares will be worth a significant amount of money at IPO
- A flexible, hybrid/work-from-home model
Interested? Reach Out to us through & and we will be in touch.
Apply To Position